Development of Design Proposals
This section is worth 32 marks, which is just over a third of the total marks. Since you should spend about 45 hours on the project in total, you should therefore spend no more than about 10 hours writing up this section.
- Create and communicate a range of imaginative and innovative ideas.
- Consider social, moral, environmental and sustainability issues in designing.
- Develop ideas through experimentation using a variety of techniques and modelling.
- Use CAD as appropriate.
- Select appropriate materials and components.
- Specify full details of the product and its manufacture.
What I am looking for...
- Design ideas need to demonstrate creativity, flair and originality.
- Designing needs to be carried out in a logical way.
- Social, Moral, Environmental and Sustainability issues need to be considered.
- Ideas need to be developed through experimentation, including using modelling and CAD.
- Material choices need to be explained.
- Accurate drawings, a cutting list and a plan for making are needed.